Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My first blog

Okay..erm..am I supposed to say hi in my first blog..I don't know..anyways, I didn't know what to blog about so I thought I should ask a few friends who could give me some suggestions. Well, I did get feedback, each one more idiotic than the other, courtesy Arunabha, till finally Chrisann came up with something nice. She said I must write about being single. Yeah Chris, very apt for someone who's been almost single his whole life (note the transferred "almost"). But I shall write something close to that. I'll write about an exercise which every single guy must do.

Being single..hmm..well, first of all, I can say that I am not too happy with it, but then it's got its own advantages. But before I begin with that, let me tell you why I am single? Is it because I'm waiting for the right one? No. Is it lack of pretty girls? Definitely not. Is it because I don't open up to girls or too shy? Ha! Shy! Me? You're kidding. Is it because I don't meet many girls along? No. College life introduced many "wonders" to my eyes. Is it because I am gay? Well no, but that could be my last resort if I don't get married before I turn 35. Am I not a good guy? Debatable. I am single because I am. Simple as that. No reasons.

I won't tell you the disadvantages of not being hooked up simply because I have been single so often. But what I can tell you will full assurance (after all experience counts) is how a singleton manages. First things first, it is very tough, mind you! Especially when a major chunk of your friend circle is dating. But then to enjoy normally with them takes courage and such people (starting with me) must be awarded for spending a lot of time with their friends and their better-halves. Now, it's not like we're sticking with them, it's just that we're invited and can't help if "love" happens amongst our own common friends. 

Then comes the fact that you are teased with every possible chick you talk nicely with. What really puts you in trouble is the fact that you blush. Then we get interested in about every other single girl, ask them out with a big grin only to return with that grin upside down. But we don't lose heart, we're single after all. We can ask any girl out. Who's gonna stop us. So the whole cycle continues. Asking and asking and asking with the same results. Sigh. By the way, if you've ever done this stupid exercise, trust me, it's really heart-breaking. But at the same time, it's an experience which lets you know your flaws and why you're still single. 

If, even after correcting your flaws, you're still single then look ahead to bright moments. Now, if you're like me who doesn't care a rat's arse about what others say then you shall be just the same and continue with asking girls out.  But one nice thing that comes out from here is the fact that you know what people think about you. Some girls are actually honest and tell you about how good you are and stuff and that you shall get better girls, etc. They also praise you so that you don't feel bad after being turned down. So my fellow singletons, just chill.  And do this exercise. It feels great. However, if you do find someone, stop with it immediately. This exercise is applicable only for singles.

Please Note: The blogger is not responsible if you, the reader, gets your rear whacked! After all, I never held you at gun-point and told you to do this.


1 comment: